Bachmann Construction completely renovated this National Historic Register property. With the overhaul, Bachmann Construction opened up the original 36 guest rooms into the current 15. The essence of 1873 was preserved while the needs of the new millennium’s travelers were met.
As a railroad hotel, the original rooms were small, allowing space merely for a bed and a wash stand. Each floor of the hotel was limited to one shared bathroom as was the style of the era. Today, those rooms are only remembered with all of the original doors that still line the hallways. Two, three, and in some cases, four rooms were combined to create the larger floor plans necessary for the modern traveler. Each unit now has a private bathroom. In some rooms custom dressers and other casework was installed.
Also included in the renovation was the construction of a new lobby, the addition of an elevator, the refurbishing and/or replacing of all original trim work, a new roof, and a complete masonry restoration of the exterior.